Thursday, April 12, 2012

The tale of the broken boy..

Ever walk into a Middle or High school gym and see how giant we are growing boys these days? I mean they put the men of the 70's and 80's to shame! They are HUGE, almost six feet tall and sporting facial and body hair my husband can only dream about... And these are the same BOYS on my sons athletic teams..ahhh my boy, still shorter than my 5'7, and not sporting any man hair,( that he has let me know about!) but soft baby peach fuzz cheeks, still pink and begging for mommy kisses daily! My boy... who is a growing man at heart, and gives his all like he is built like one of those giant boys, is broken again for the THIRD time since February. In 2010 during an everyday little league football practice he suffered a tackle which led to DOUBLE compartment syndrome in his lower left leg, the loss of three small areas of muscle, which was far better than the amputation they originally went into surgery for... But he healed quick and we wrote that injury off as just a fluke, but here we are again two years later with once again mounting ER bills..Feb he fell backwards during basketball practice and hyper-extended with possible slight dislocation of his left elbow... Two weeks after the cast was off from that he had his left thumb sat on during praise and worship time with his youth group...so you might think.. That cant be bad... Try three fractures and a crushed joint!!! Which was misdiagnosed at the first ER and only discovered at the very next ER visit due to a fractured left wrist during a little league football game!!!! Orthopedics have put me on their parent "watch" list I'm sure.. Sorta of like the list the airports keep..only i get the looks like" what ARE you doing to this poor sweet baby!"" where I then want to whip out the latest and greatest team picture he has had taken and show them what he is up against! So parents of boys... Please stop feeding them miracle grow and give my little sapling of a boy to catch up.., at least we are now out of all sports, Doctor said he was not even allowed to hold a bubble wand, for at least three months.. time to heal and grow some healthy bones..but please none of that man hair..I'm happy with his peach fuzz as long as the lord lets him have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment