Sunday, February 19, 2012

The death of Yertle

So being the Pisces that I am I of course stopped my large, Chevy Taho on a dime yesterday to allow a baby red slider turtle to cross the road, but then my patience of a gnat took over and I jumped out, picked up this little Yertle the turtle, and placed him in a Nike shoe box I had.. He should feel privileged the last thing that lived in that box was a very pricey pair of shoes for my son! Since our home is just a few blocks from the river I decided to place yertle in my front flower bed where he could make his own decision of either waiting for me to haul him to the water myself.. OR... Head that way on his own( I was praying for this one!) So a few hours later I wandered out.. No Yertle... Yay! What a smart turtle! It was still daylight, and time for some last minuet chores, Dawson returned from fishing just in time to fire up the lawn mower .. Well to take over the easy part of pushing the auto drive mower with his pointer finger,  as I had  already spent a good 45 minutes all alone trying to get the damn thing started!... No sooner did he get going at a great pace, it happened, Yertle threw himself in front of the mower stating he just no longer wished to live!... That's how my mind see's it.. I think it was more like the mower made a noise and then flung different body pieces of Yertle at us! Poor Yertle... all I could tell Dawson was I guess his time here on earth was up and I just disrupted Gods plan when I saved him from the road.... Sounded better than yelling You Killed Yertle at him... I mean it is hard enough already to get the boy to do chores, I don't want to make it impossible ! Note to self...next time just keep driving, no sense in delaying the inevitable. Fly high Yertle, Fly High!

No comments:

Post a Comment