Saturday, March 17, 2012

And the crazy returns...

Just when I think all is right and good I get a text message that goes like this:
Dawson: mom come get me.
Me: why? ( I'm at the liquor store excited about my first night with no kids)
Me: what happened? You have been waiting for this night forever!?
Dawson: I think I broke my thumb
Me: what? How?
Dawson: a kid sat on it and it hurts.. A lot .
Me: I'm sure your fine
Dawson: please? I'm in crying and in pain
Me: Well stop crying, I will come look at it.
Dawson: ok
The pictures tell the rest of the story! X-rays did not show a break... Yet... But due to severe swelling they couldn't be sure, splinted, and will redo X-rays in ten days, gave him some pain mess, and as the smile returned and the tears disappeared he asked to go back to the teen lock in at the church! ( bless those meds!)
I get home feeling to disgusted with myself for doubting his pain to make my special treat from the store, just crawl in bed and enjoy the quiet, because I realized, we are home, meaning the crazy days have returned with a vengeance so I better rest up, because I'm going to need my strength!(and possibly a bigger bottle of vodka.)
Toodles for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment