Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tummy time!

Although I may find haters in this, it was my choice, my decision and I do not regret it... Yet.
Maddie will turn 15 this month, my oldest turned 25, and I turned 45 on the 12, I have never had a birthday make me as grouchy as this one, I can't pinpoint it, but damn where did all these wrinkles come from? That being said.. Maddie has been asking for over a year to pierce her belly button, I told her on her 16th spring break she could, but yesterday found us taking a break from the beach and sun at the local tourist shops, and then to the local tattoo shop ( the only place on the island that does piercings) Maddie wanted to get her ear pierced in places she doesn't even have ear... and as I'm standing there listening to the gentleman explain to her how very much it's going to hurt, and the dangers, well I bolted on my decision and told her we should just pierce our belly buttons together! ( mine is a re-do, had it done before but what the heck..)I figured this would be the lesser of the two evils, and not seen near as much as a swollen, infected , red ear..
so we filled out forms, and did this together, memories she will have forever, a good memory, not one of sneaking off with friends or using an old needle and doing it herself in her room like my oldest daughter did, but of laughter, nerves, and love. It's not permanent, she can take it out if she chooses, it's not written in stone, but the memory is, and that makes it all worth it... Also the pain of the process now has her swearing off any future piercings... Shoot,swish,SCORE!
Toodles for today 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment