Friday, March 16, 2012

If I hear....

Honestly if I hear Ma'am , or Mom, one more time I'm going to scream, or cry, or both!!! I DON'T want to be a teen again, or even in my twenties, but my thirties were pretty good, still young enough to fit in,and crazy enough to want to, but now...at 45... I just don't seem to fit anywhere. If you have hung out with a group of teenagers lately, you get this. The days of common sense, and common manners are gone, they wear me out fast trying to live so fast, they have no regard to time, or anything other than themselves, I know each generation goes through this right of passage called the teen years, I have just never lived it as an adult!!!
Then there is the flip side of this birthday coin, I am still young enough at heart to want my belly button pierced, wear trendy clothes, and play my music loud... But all before 9 pm thank you very much. So hanging with the crowd in the cafe at the hotel is out, they all have let their hair turn silver, wear stretchy pants and shoes that are way to supportive... Not my group... Not yet... But I feel it coming.
One last word of caution, when you turn 45, do not let yourself wander down to the teen party side of the beach, they have stripper poles in trucks, more beer than ocean, and the girls gone wild crew... No wait... Was that MY CHILD(no it wasn't but made my heart stop for a second!)...head back down to the adult side as fast as you can, before you hear the dreaded words MA'AM, or even worse MOM, because then no matter what age you are you suddenly realize.. This is NOT where you belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment