Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring break 2012

I am insane, I should be locked away. I am on vacation by MYSELF with four squirrelly teenagers!
The past two years I have managed to let the teens talk me into the three hour drive south to our favorite place, Port Aransas TX. We try to go at least a couple times during the summer, but spring break is when they love going the most( of course!) Now, Port A as busy as it gets, only hosts to a handful of spring break partiers, those who's parents either couldn't or wouldn't let them venture farther south to Padre, so the beach is full of families ( other parents look as stresses as me!) and high school/pre-college age kids... Yes there is a few college kids doing the normal beer pong on the beach scene, but it's generally very mild.
Today is day three for us here, day one was spent driving, checking in to hotel, then mad dash to the beach where the water was freezing, wind was blowing, and beach was empty, ( it starts clearing out around five when all the beachcombers head to town to shower and eat).Day 2 found the boys fishing off the pier, the girls walking the beach trying to look older than they are, ( I stand close to them and pretend the whistles are for me!) and although still windy, it was a warmer wind, and the sun warmed my skin ... Resulting in a nap which in turn ended in a sunburn ouch! Today Day 3 promises more of the same and the rest of this story will be in pictures, they tell our story the best!
Toodles for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment